In this article, I will discuss some innovative and hidden ways to increase your marks in the examination. If you start following these techniques you can not only increase your examination marks but also your subject knowledge.
Getting good marks in the examination is a cup of tea for some but a big challenge for many. To overcome this problem you can apply some new ways of exam preparation and writing your examination paper, definitely, you will see the difference I can challenge you. Let’s have a look:
1. Time Management:
Amit came out from the examination hall and said to his friend “Yaar 20 number ka paper chhoot gaya, time ka pata hi nahi chala” This is the most common problem of engineering students. I can bet once in a lifetime you have also faced this problem. So what is the solution to this problem?
The answer is Time management, by managing time in your examination hall you can solve this problem easily.
How to manage 3 hours of my exam so that I do not run out of time?
- You can divide your 3 hours or whatever the duration of your exam into minutes.
- Divide those minutes from the total maximum marks of your examination.
- Divide that complete duration into small durations you get to know the time which has been given for particular marks.
Let us take an example: Basic Electrical Engineering examination of 100 marks in 3 hours, which is equal to 180 minutes. When we divide 180 from 100 we get 1.8. It means 1.8 minutes for every mark or 18 minutes for every 10 marks. Now for every 10 marks question, you have 18 minutes, for every 5 marks question you have 9 minutes. Take your wristwatch and keep an eye on it. By this, you can also calculate that in every hour approx 33 marks must be completed. This is how you can manage your answer writing time in the examinations.
This is not rocket science but a simple technique that usually everyone ignores. This technique will give 99% accurate results. You can apply this to your upcoming exams.
2. Know your syllabus:
Securing good marks becomes easy when you have complete knowledge of your syllabus. This will not only tell you what to read but also tell you what to leave which is very important while preparing for exams. Unless you have complete knowledge of the syllabus of your subject, you can not implement this.
Every subject has certain units and usually, you will see questions from every unit. So it is recommended to study all the units equally so that nothing is left.
To Check Engineering Syllabus Please Click Here.
3. Make Mind Maps:
Mind map may be a new term for you but we can assure you if you start making mind maps while preparing self-notes of any subject it would be very easy for you to revise your complete course in very less time.
To know more about mind maps click here.
Key benefits of mind maps
- Learning from mind maps is more engaging.
- It makes complex things easier.
- Easy to recall key points.
- Less possibility to forget headings.
- It enhances your writing capability.
- It takes less time to revise the whole subject.
When you start using mind maps you will feel the difference.
4. Keep referring old question papers:
Old question papers play a vital role in the preparation of any examination. If you are an engineering student then this is more important because in B.Tech exams you will see repetitive questions and it is easy to understand the pattern of question paper if you refer to old question papers of the respective subject. Key benefits of referring old question papers:
- You get the idea of the question paper pattern.
- You can make a list of important questions to increase the chance of getting them in your coming exams.
- In past year papers, you can find out the pattern of repeated questions, so that you can also guess which questions you might face.
5. Presentation in Exam Copy:
This is a matter of big debate if a good presentation is the key to get good marks in subjective examination or content is also important. According to our research, both are important. Content plays an 80% role and good presentation the rest 20%. Essential things you can do while writing your exam paper so that it can look presentable:
- Use a ruler to make lines.
- Use a pencil in place of a pen to draw diagrams.
- Use sketch pens of a different color to make flow charts and headings.
- Don’t keep much distance between the words and lines.
- Separate two answers with the help of a line made by a sketch pen.
- Try to write in good handwriting.
If you follow all the above-mentioned points while writing your answers in the examination, this will not only make your copy presentable but also make the evaluator happy. For any evaluator, it is easier to evaluate a copy with a good presentation than a bad one. It Will help you to increase your marks in the examination.
We are sure that if you start following the above techniques, you will definitely see an increment of at least 10% in your marks than the previous exams.
All the best for your examinations.